A website is an important component for small businesses. It’s the place where customers will discover your business and move forward. A strong online presence is a must as online users are massively increasing. Otherwise, you will be behind your competitors.
Building an engaging, profitable, and quality business website is not at all complex. And there are numerous advantages of having a website.
We have listed out the 12 best and most effective tips for building a quality small business website. With our guide, you can build a strong website for business, whether e-commerce or not. Keep these tips in mind when you start building your website to make it attractive, eye-catching, engaging, and more responsive.
Without wasting a second, Let’s see all the amazing tips!
What We’ve Covered in This Article:
✓ Focus on Your Website Goals
✓ Pick your Business Website Template
✓ Get the Correct Domain Name for Your Website
✓ Buy a Fast and Scalable Website Hosting
✓ Make it Easy to Navigate
✓ Add all Relevant Pages
✓ Follow Simple Design Best Practices
✓ Fill your Site with Rich Content
✓ Optimize your Business Website for Search Engines
✓ Speed up your Website
✓ Use Right Marketing Tools
✓ Include a Private Policy and Track Web Performance
Here’s A List Of Fourteen Useful Tips That Helps You To Build An Eye-Catching Website:
Tip#1 Focus On Your Website Goals
First of all, you must know about your target audience and why they will look up to your site. This will help you in building a strong presence online. It’s essential to know your website goals and purposes. You can make sure that you are going in the right way by Google Analytics which provides data about how users find and use your site.
You can examine some matrices like top pages, bounce rate, and traffic sources, etc., to know if your website is doing a good job or not?
Tip#2 Pick Your Business Website Template
There are vast numbers of template options. You can customize templates as per your need or can go with pre-made templates. While choosing a template for your business website, make sure to search and match the relevant template to your business. It should express your website’s motive and what kind of feel it gives? You will find a vast collection of readymade business website templates for different categories. Pick the right one which fits your needs and customers’ potential. The right choice of template helps in creating a competitive online presence.
Tip#3 Get The Correct Domain Name For Your Website
As the domain name is the first time, people get to see so make it unique and attractive. It’s the entrance gate to your website. It should be ideal from the perspective of search engine optimization (SEO) and usability. Also, please pay attention to your domain extension as it comes after the full stop and a part of the domain name. There are lots of domain extensions you can go for. The most popular one is while.com.
These are some of the ways by which you can get the perfect domain for your small business website:
● Easy to spell and pronounce
● Keep it brief
● Be unique
● Avoid numbers and hyphens
● Avoid large or lengthy domain name
● Better to prefer the .com domain.
Tip#4 Buy A Fast And Scalable Website Hosting
Associate your domain name with a web hosting provider. A website hosting or website hosting service provider is a company that offers technology and necessary services to make your website visible on the internet. So, users can see your website when they visit your website address.
Hosting pricing varies from $2/mo. to $100$/mo., It depends on your needs, technology, and support. You can reduce the cost by buying a yearly plan instead of a monthly plan.
Many websites are hosting, including cloud hosting, shared hosting, web hosting, dedicated servers, etc. As per your needs and requirements, choose your hosting provider.
Here Are Some Tips For Getting The Right Web Hosting Plan:
Many people prefer shared hosting, it also costs less, about $2, but I would suggest avoiding that as shared hosting means you are sharing a server with others. It can impact your website performance, not in a positive way. And it happens many times that your website will get infected with other shared customer’s websites and get hacked.
Apart from shared hosting, if we talk about a dedicated server hosting plan, it may burn your pocket. But obviously, it’s value for money. A dedicated server means that it’s totally for you. And it offers better security than a shared server. But for small businesses, it’s an expensive option.
Here is what you can go for, a “virtual private server(VPS)” hosting plan. It provides security and performance up to the mark, like a dedicated server hosting plan. Its cost is also affordable. So, I highly recommend this one for small businesses.
Tip#5 Make It Easy To Navigate
User experience matters. It’s your job to ensure a better user experience; when they visit your site, how smooth is the experience? It should be easy, smooth, and uncomplicated. If they face complications going through your site, they will never consider it for getting the information you are providing. Make your website easy to navigate and provide users the best way to look up the information you are providing. Put all the important stuff, which most users are looking for upfront on the homepage, or create a separate link for that.
Make the path for users to reach the information as easily and quickly as possible. Take them to the solution they are looking for in a few clicks.
Tip#6 Add All Relevant Pages
Whatever business you are running, it’s a must to have a multi-page website. So, you can cover a wider range of content, services, and much more.
These are some of the necessary pages we have mentioned below, which you can consider for your small business website:
● Homepage: To sustain your potential customers, a friendly and intuitive homepage plays a major role. Therefore, it should be easy to navigate and straightforward. For that, you can use images and videos to make it simple for your users and place call-to-action, which will help customers go forward in your site smoothly.
● About us: There are lots of websites out there. Customers or clients want to know who you are and what unique they will get to see here apart from your competitors. With the “about us” page, you can effectively share critical information about your business goals, values, statements, etc. Adding a bio will help to communicate better with your clients.
● Contact us: How your customers or clients get in touch with you. A contact page is essential for them to communicate with you. The page should include contact info, i.e., phone number, social media links, address, business email, etc.
Tip#7 Follow Simple Design Best Practices
A good and attractive website design makes it appealing to visitors. Most visitors judge a website by its design. So, consider the best practices while designing a website like
Readability, Plenty of whitespaces, Use of colors and fonts, and Mobile responsive.
Make your website neat and clean. Don’t put so many things on a single page. Use whitespaces and evenly spread information. It helps in making the website appealing, readable, and clean. Make it easy, simple, intuitive, and user-friendly. Another thing that makes the design more attractive and clean is graphics. Use the right and high-quality graphics word magical.
Tip#8 Fill Your Site With Rich Content
Fresh and high-quality content will help your business grow, encourage visitors to come back again, and signal search engines.
You can add any content to your website. Some forms of content are listed below:
● Blog: You can share content with your clients and make them go through your field of expertise via Blog. A blog is a type of article which covers a specific subject. You can choose topics for your blog considering your potential audience or related to your business etc. Nowadays, almost all websites have blogged. This helps them to connect with a broader range of audiences and be up-to-date.
● Testimonials: Testimonials are a formal statement that comments on how good and effective a person or anything is. These are provided by customers who experienced your services and comment on how good and helpful it is. Everyone now considers testimonials as a part of research about any business by knowing previous client’s experience with any business. It builds more trust and boosts the business’s credibility. You can place testimonials on any page like homepage, service page, etc.
Tip#9 Optimize your Business Website For Search Engines
To make your website visible and ranking on search engines, it’s really important to apply various practices to make your website display to a wide range of audiences. And this job is done by SEO.
In simple words, SEO is a series of methods that help make your website display for different search engines. And help in getting better recognition and ranking.
Many websites produce content on the same topics as yours. So to make it competitive, your content and design should be of high quality. Then only it will show on top of search engine pages.
Therefore, SEO is needed to create difference and make your site appear on top search results. There are many SEO tools out there; the right tools are going to benefit you a lot.
Tip#10. Speed Up Your Website
Page load time also helps in a better user experience. A page load time between two seconds to five seconds increases customers abandoning. Otherwise, a longer load time creates frustration for its visitors.
Here are some of the helpful SEO strategies:
● Find relevant keywords: Good keyword research makes you understand what word or phrase your target customers are using most to find specific information, product, services, and solutions. Considering those keywords in your headline, content, and images helps in better ranking.
● Add a meta description: Meta description is like adding a few lines or summary about your website, which displays just below your URL in search results. It can increase click-through rates and increase the chances of ranking on top search results pages. You can use excellent and proper keywords to make your meta description even more strong.
Tip#11 Use Right Marketing Tools
Every website creates content. So, just creating content is not enough to get higher results. You need to generate high-quality content and make sure that it reaches a higher range of audiences. This you can do by promoting your content and by doing marketing on different channels.
For helping you out, there are a variety of marketing tools and services. That will help you create a successful and high-quality small business website and keep your business website safe.
Here are some of the low investment yet powerful strategies:
● Email Marketing: Nowadays, email marketing is a must. It is beneficial for generating more conversions and also developing good relationships with clients or customers. It is an effective way to communicate with your customers, drive significant traffic to your site, and promote your small business. You can send emails to your customers related to your business, products or even customize them for the target audience.
● Social Media Marketing: The power of social media is massive. All over the world, social media have a wide range of users, whether LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook, etc. You can share your content with a larger audience via posts, stories, live streams, etc.
Tip#12 Include A Private Policy And Track Web Performance
Go for web analytics tools to better understand strengths, weaknesses, and your site performance. You can be familiar with audience behavior, site traffic trends, and much more. After knowing more better about your audience or visitors, then you can make wise and needful decisions. And can improve your site’s overall performance.
Tip#13 Implement A Website Maintenance Plan
Maintaining a website is a responsibility for you. Because you need to manage everything related to your website, like its SEO optimization, growth, Security, maintenance, everything is managed adequately in your website. And if you want to manage so many things on your website, you need to create a maintenance plan that helps you take step-by-step action plans and how you’ll maintain your website.
Here Are Some Tips You Can Consider To Create A Maintenance Plan For Your Website:
● Check your webmaster tool database at least once a month
● Try to analyze your traffic audience, learn more about them and find your targeted audience.
● Make your all Softwares, Plugins, theme, and WordPress up to date.
● You can try a split testing method to find which website is working better. For example – if you’re selling a product, you can create the same product on two different pages and analyze which one is best for you.
● Create quality content and do SEO optimization on your content for better ranking on Google
● Keep an eye on new trends and find out how it’s helpful for you to grow your business.
● Keep finding your competitors and see what they’re doing differently and how you can make it more unique to stay ahead in business.
● Keep taking Backups of your website for any situation.
Tip#14 Create An Interesting, Memorable, And Engaging Website User Interface
Billions of people are using mobile phones, and you need to get Infront of them. So make sure your website comes with a mobile Responsive. The more it’s user-friendly, the more you’ll get Engagement, more sales, and more customers. We’ve some tips for you to create a beautiful interface for your website:
● Try to add high-quality graphics, easy to read fonts
● Make sure the images you’re adding to your website are optimized, compressed, and easy to load because Adding High-quality images directly affects your SEO ranking on Google.
● Keep learning from your competitors and see how you can add new features, designs to make it more attractive.
● You can find your targeted audience by analyzing your traffic.
● Design your website with an easy-to-navigate system so that it’s easy for anyone to access the website.
To stay ahead in the market, you need to keep updating yourself with new methods and tips. That helps you to grow your business, engage your audience and get more customers.
After reading this article, we hope you can build the most eye-catching and beautiful website for your business. That’s why we’ve Listed these amazing and helpful tips that help you build a better website. All these ways we’ve listed in this article are tried and tested, and it’s your turn to implement these tips on your website.