As on-demand apps like Uber and GrubHub grow in popularity, businesses should consider investing in their own real-time app that can deliver specific services to customers quickly.
Today’s consumer mindset not only focuses on the quality of the product but on the ease of buying and faster delivery as well.
This is the reason behind the tremendous growth of on-demand apps that allow users to order a product right from the mobile screen when they need it and get it delivered where they need it.
From groceries to taxi rides, most activities can be booked through on-demand apps when and where you need them.
A whopping 86.5m people in the US alone made an order(link is external) or booked a service through on-demand apps.
No wonder on-demand mobile app development is experiencing an all-time high demand.
While many marketers are leaning into this new business model with on-demand mobile app development, simply imitating Uber and JustEat is not the way to success.
You need fresh ideas to take in the rising competition in the on-demand app economy.
How Businesses Can Innovate On-Demand Apps for Greater Success
1. Implement new on-demand app features
2. Grow your on-demand app ideas
Why Are On-Demand Apps Successful?
Besides the ease of making purchases and ordering food, there are many reasons behind the success of on-demand apps(link is external).
- On-demand apps fit the modern user mindset where everyone wants everything as fast as possible with the least amount of effort.
- Since most people own a cellphone, the accessibility of these on-demand apps is everywhere.
- The latest real-time technologies like GPS tracking, in-app messaging, and Chatbots helped on-demand apps deliver a transparent and audience-focused service.
- By scaling up the user volume, on-demand apps can actually deliver real value for money in respect of both competitive price and service quality.
- On-demand apps based on customer priorities, affordability, and user preference can offer customization options to deliver a more pleasing experience.
- People only have to use the app when they want to.
Understanding why on-demand apps are so prominent in today’s market is valuable to app developers who want to cater to a large audience.
Implement New On-Demand App Features
Although the concept behind an app is important, for on-demand apps it is especially valuable to work in real-time and with great execution.
Some key aspects that on-demand apps need to take care of including the following.
• Efficient, Quick, and Time-Bound Service
The biggest draw for any on-demand service is the efficient, quick, and time-bound service. On-demand apps have to ensure they provide their services right when the customers demand it. Efficiency and quick turnaround time are two things that no on-demand app can compromise with.
• More Personalization
Customers expect on-demand services to allow them to order a service in an intuitive and relevant way. From their preferred payment methods to the specific delivery instructions to the availability of gift packs to custom options for add-ons, on-demand apps need to ensure maximum customization for customers.
• Variables of the Products
Creating different options for your customers to purchase increases the variety of people you will draw to your app. Uber and Lyft provide different types of cars, sharing and non-sharing options, and on-travel luxury options, which gives the customer more of a voice on what they want from their ride. More choices make customers feel in control.
• Delivery Network and Logistics
For on-demand apps, delivery logistics play an important role. Your on-demand app idea should come with a well-thought-out business model that ensures delivery is on-time and accountable. If you are an app that delivers food or packages, then you must make sure that the items are delivered in-tact and secure. If not, the reputation of your business will suffer.
• Pricing and Revenue Model
Grow Your On-Demand App Ideas
Before you start brainstorming about unique app ideas for an on-demand business, study some of the previous industries that on-demand apps are prominent in.
• On-Demand Ridesharing Apps
Ridesharing apps like Uber and Lyft have already created milestones for the transportation business. Instead of building another Uber, try to develop a unique app that can cater to a more specific need. Uber has recently discussed the possibility of using their services to transport patients to the hospital for people who want a cheaper option than an ambulance. Offering this more targeted service will create a new option for people who need medical attention.
• On-Demand Grocery App
There are already several on-demand grocery apps in the market. Now, what happens if any shop owner can deliver to the doorstep of their customers through a third-party app? Instead of centralized grocery warehouses delivering products, such an app would help support local grocery stores instead of large chains.
• On-Demand Laundry, Gardening, or Plumbing App
Home-help apps are useful for people trying to organize their schedules at home or keep up with household chores. On-demand apps could support people looking for home experts. By creating an app that filters and reviews the best plumbers, lawn care providers, or housekeeping services in your area, people can save time trying to find help.
Investing Your On-Demand App in the Best Industries
On-demand apps can help your business increase its success, but companies should research what industries are best suited for an on-demand app economy.
As of now, only some industries have the capacity or need for on-demand apps, like:
- Hyperlocal Services and Delivery: Apps that promote local shops and stores will help build the neighborhood economy and promote small businesses. By creating an on-demand app that can connect people to local businesses, a business provides a needed solution for people in certain areas.
- Healthcare: People increasingly depend upon apps delivering consultations, diagnoses, and medicine to their doorstep. On-demand apps can make healthcare more affordable and accessible for people who need help.
- Transportation: The transportation industry continues to rely on apps that give people near-immediate rides and facilitate travel.
You can read the full report here.